Rabu, 30 Maret 2011

Southern Sweet Potato Pie

Living in the northeast most of my life, I don't believe I EVER ate a Sweet Potato, let alone a Sweet Potato Pie. I   have a new found LOVE for sweet potato's!, so I thought.I would share with you another southern favorite.Sweet Potato's are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins A and C.  Enjoy!









Ingredients:

  • 4 ounces butter, softened

  • 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes

  • 2 cups granulated sugar

  • 1 small can (5 ounces, about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) evaporated milk

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • 3 eggs, beaten

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

  • 2 prepared pie shells, unbaked

Preparation:

Mix butter, potatoes, sugar and evaporated milk until well blended. Add vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into the prepared pie shells. Bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour, until set. Makes 2 pies.



Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...